Machine Learning, Dev Positions Dominate Survey of Top U.S. Jobs for 2019
- By Becky Nagel
- April 5, 2019
Job search site Indeed.com recently released its list of "Best Jobs in the U.S.: 2019" and machine learning engineer is No. 1 on the list, followed closely by full-stack developer at No. 3.
"We defined 'best' as those experiencing the fastest growth (measured by the increase in job postings between 2015 and 2018) and offering the highest pay (using a baseline salary of $75,000)," the company explained of its rankings.
Machine learning engineer, which the survey points out often requires a master's degree and/or additional education, offers an average salary of $146,085 U.S. and saw 344 percent growth in the past year. Full-stack developer came in with an average salary of $114,316 and 206 percent growth over the past year.
Many more technical -- particularly development-related -- positions made the list:
- Salesforce developer: No. 10 with 129 percent growth and average salary of $112,031
- Robotics engineer: No. 11 with 128 percent growth and average salary of $99,007
- Computer vision engineer: No. 12 with 116 percent growth and average salary of $158,303
- Agile coach: No. 18 with 86 percent growth and an average salary of $161,377 (highest on the entire list)
- Data scientist: No. 22 with 78 percent growth and $131,389 average salary
To view the full list of top 25 positions, click here.
About the Author
Becky Nagel is the vice president of Web & Digital Strategy for 1105's Converge360 Group, where she oversees the front-end Web team and deals with all aspects of digital projects at the company, including launching and running the group's popular virtual summit and Coffee talk series . She an experienced tech journalist (20 years), and before her current position, was the editorial director of the group's sites. A few years ago she gave a talk at a leading technical publishers conference about how changes in Web browser technology would impact online advertising for publishers. Follow her on twitter @beckynagel.