- By David Ramel
- November 6, 2018
In the new release, Progress touted new Hot Module Replacement functionality, which reportedly allows for instantaneous, stateful application updates without full page reloads, quickening development cycles. This is in beta and the company promised more details to come.
Also new is NativeScript-Schematics, developed in conjunction with Angular creator Google, to integrate the Angular CLI.
Other new features highlighted by Progress include:
- New "Instant Start" CLI workflow said to help developers begin work on native apps in five minutes with no up-front requirements to install iOS and Android SDKs
- Vue.js support providing a core Vue.js developer experience through a single file component in the NativeScript Playground
- A streamlined "Getting Started" experience with the aim of easier development with Playground-compatible code samples available in the NativeScript Marketplace
- Android enhancements such as increased animation scenarios and more material design capabilities
- Vector type support for iOS to enable a broader set of augmented reality scenarios for iOS
Going forward, the company in a Nov. 6 blog post forecast new features coming in a v5.1 "Christmas release" such as:
- Angular 7 support
- More scenarios on flexible root composition with Angular
- Fixes and improvements on Hot Module Replacement
More information will be provided in the release notes.
About the Author
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.