ALM Product Watch 2/28/12: Seapine ALM 2012, JIRA 5, More
- By ADTMag.com Editors
- February 28, 2012
Here's a round-up of recent application lifecycle management (ALM) product news:
- Earlier this month Seapine Software announced the release of Seapine ALM 2012, an updated version of its flagship ALM suite of products. According to the company, Seapine ALM 2012 offers more than 100 new features/upgrades, which are detailed here.
- On February 22, Atlassian launched version 5 of its JIRA agile project management tool, offering a variety of new features for collaboration and integration, plus a development platform update. (On a side note, ALM Works also announced an update to its JIRA Client to work with version 5 of JIRA).
- And of course the new Visual Studio 11 Beta will be released Feb. 29, featuring a variety of new features including a new version of Team Foundation Server.
There's also been a number of integration-related ALM announcements:
- Jama Software recently announced that its Contour product now integrates with Rally Software's Agile ALM solution via its new Jama Connector for Rally.
- Integrated ALM provider Kovair announced a new OSLC Wrapper for "live linking" integration from IBM Jazz to ALM tools from Microsoft, HP, Atlassian and others.
- Serena Software has partnered with WebFocus for new BI Dashboard options, among other features.
- Perfecto Mobile recently announced that its upgraded MobileCloud for Quick Test Professional can now function as a native extension in HP's Application Lifecycle Management platform.
This article was written by the editorial staff of ADTmag.com.