Survey pinpoints critical Exchange email needs
- By ADT Staff
- January 17, 2006
A study by Osterman Research captures key email management challenges facing enterprises in 2006. It suggests what enterprise end users and those ensuring compliance desire most is to easily access and search email, current and archived, without relying on IT admins.
The majority of IT executives and staff surveyed say if they could enable business users to search, access and recover email in Microsoft's Exchange, it would greatly increase business user and IT administrator productivity.
The survey also indicates enterprises that have implemented email archiving solutions over the last few years have the following critical needs:
* Improving performance and scalability
* Improving search interfaces
* Enabling faster response to discovery requests
* Minimizing the impact of archiving on the production environment
* Archiving calendar, contact and other items in addition to email
For a report on the survey, click here.