Low-Code Dev Firm Mendix Inks IBM Cloud Pact
- By David Ramel
- January 31, 2018
Mendix, a vendor of low-code development tools for creating mobile and Web apps, has entered a partnership in which IBM will support and resell the Mendix platform on the IBM Cloud.
The firm said developers using its platform will get easy access to modern technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), while IBM cloud customers can leverage rapid application development tools, cloud services and cloud runtimes with a single subscription.
Benefits of the deal, the companies said, include:
- Accelerated time to value, delivering applications up to 10 times faster
- Native integration of IBM Watson IoT and AI services
- Cloud-native architecture supporting out-of-the-box high-availability and scalability
- Flexible cloud deployment across IBM Cloud's public, private and hybrid options, leveraging Cloud Foundry or Docker/Kubernetes
- Increased collaboration and agility across business and technology teams
"The collaboration between IBM and Mendix will combine the ease of Mendix's low-code environment with the advanced services available on IBM Cloud, including AI, blockchain, data analytics, mobile and Internet of things (IoT) services," said IBM exec Don Boulia in a blog post. "This significantly accelerates the speed at which developers from all backgrounds, from highly skilled coders to business users expanding their roles, are positioned to build and deploy cloud-native applications."
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.