Quest Buying ScriptLogic
- By David Kopf
- June 25, 2007
Database, application and Windows-management solutions provider Quest Software
will acquire ScriptLogic
, a provider of Windows-based network management solutions, for roughly $90 million in cash.
Quest is acquiring a company that generated $20 million in revenue during 2006, with a clientele of 19,000-plus small- and medium-size companies. The deal will beef up Quest's already hefty muscle in the Windows client and server arena, and help ScriptLogic reach Quest's broader, worldwide customer base.
A sampling of Quest's product line includes:
- Application management for Java, .Net, SAP, Oracle E-Business, PeopleSoft, Siebel, Microsoft Operations Manager and Microsoft Systems Management Service.
- Database management for Oracle, SQL server, DB2, Sybase and MySQL.
- Windows management solutions for Active Directory, Exchange, platform migrations, SharePoint, Unix/Linux and Windows itself.
Familiar ScriptLogic offerings include:
- Desktop management tools, such as the Desktop Authority remote desktop management tool, and the Desktop Authority Image Center for imaging/remote provisioning of desktops.
- Server management products such as Active Administrator for providing central authentication and authorization services, and Enterprise Security Reporter for analyzing file security, group memberships and other Windows server security settings.
Subject to closing conditions and regulatory approvals, the deal will close in the early third quarter of 2007. Once complete, ScriptLogic will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest, retaining key members of its management team.
"We've been successful in building a strong reputation in the SMB market for Windows-based products that complement the existing Quest products," stated Jason Judge, ScriptLogic's CEO, who will report to Quest's CEO Vinny Smith. "Now we're looking forward to capitalizing on this momentum as part of Quest and taking our success to the next level."
About the Author
David Kopf is a freelance technology writer and marketing consultant, and can be reached at [email protected].