September/October 2001 Development Solutions Buyer's Guide
101communications' Development Solutions Buyers Guide...the most efficient business-to-business media buy in the professional software development market.
Development Solutions Buyers Guide is inserted into Application Development Trends, Java™ Report and Journal of Object Oriented Programming...three uniquely positioned, highly respected, and widely read publications, which reach a combined global audience of over 144,000 authoritative technical professionals.
101communications' Development Solutions Buyers Guide offers marketers an authoritative audience of well-placed technical professionals who greatly influence tool adoption and product purchases across multiple levels within their organizations...and throughout virtually every imaginable industry and business sector.
From advanced C++ programmers to high-level drag-and-drop Java developers...from three-tier client/server to nth-tier distributed computing...from the expert QA engineer to the enterprising CIO, the Development Solutions Buyers Guide provides the latest information on emerging technologies to an eclectic group of authoritative technical professionals.
For more information, contact
Cambridge University Press
Duval Consulting Services
New Technology Solutions Inc.
Number Six Software
Popkin Software Architecture
Tall Tree Software
Visual Object Modelers
The Object Primer
The Application Developer’s Guide to Object Orientation and the UML
Scott W. Ambler, AmbySoft, Inc.
"A great first book to read on your path to mastering objects."
Scott Ambler, renowned author of Building Object Applications that Work, Process Patterns, More Process Patterns, and coauthor of The Elements of Java Style, has revised, updated, and expanded his acclaimed first book, The Object Primer.
In The Object Primer, Second Edition, Ambler offers:
- new material in every chapter.
- two new chapters on OO programming techniques and testing.
- advice on applying UML models.
- advice on applying non-UML models to support real-world development.
- a comprehensive object-oriented software process.
- end-of-chapter review questions to test your progress.
2001 548 pp.
0-521-78519-7, Paperback, $39.95
For more information, or to order a copy of the book, visit www.us.cambridge.org/computerscience or call toll-free 800-872-7423.
Compaq Tru64 UNIX
- True 64-bit Implementation of Java Technology on AlphaServers
- Fully Java-Compatible
- Up-to-Rev JDK 1.1.x and Java 2 SDK Code Streams
- Consistent Top Java Performance Leader
- Full Suite of Industry-Best J2EE Partner Solutions
- Best UNIX Clustering Capabilities in the Industry
- #1 in Customer Satisfaction
- Backed by 27,000 Service Professionals
Visit us at http://www.compaq.com/java/alpha
Dinkum C++ Library for GCC/Solaris or GCC/Linux Available Now!
The Dinkum® C++ Library for GCC/Solaris or for GCC/Linux includes our Dinkum® C Library. The Dinkum® C++ Library is completely compliant with the ISO/IEC 14882 C++ Standard. Use these Dinkum C++ Library packages with the GCC V2.95.2 compiler under either SPARC Solaris or PC Linux.
Dinkumware offers a commercial software license product that contains no Gnu Code. You can purchase it at www.dinkumware.com and download it immediately.
Single User License starts at $90.
398 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
v: 978 371-2773 f: 978 371-9014
Now Dinkum C++ and C
Libraries For WinCE
The Dinkum® C++ Library for Windows® CE provides the same rich library under WinCE as our highly compliant Dinkum C++ for VC++. It works without exception handling, as required in the CE environment, and lets you disable namespaces, to ease backward compatibility. We include our Dinkum C Library, to supplement the reduced environment provided by VC++ under CE and to broaden support for I18N and Unicode text manipulation, and a comprehensive HTML reference manual.
Pricing starts at $500 for a single-developer license.
Packaged for use with the WinCE Toolkit V5/6, Enhancement Pack 2.1,
Platform Builder, or Embedded Visual Toolkit V3.0.
398 Main Street, Concord MA 01742
v: 978 371-2773 f: 978 371-9014
Architecture - Requirements - Business Modeling - Development
DuVall Consulting Services provides a broad range of training and consulting services.
Visit www.duvall-consulting.com for more details.
Process and Architecture
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with UML
- Requirements Gathering and Development
- Fundamentals of Software Architecture Development
- Advanced Software Architecture Development
- Fundamentals of Business Modeling
- Applying Business Modeling to Software Development
- Fundamentals of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
Java and Internet
- Fundamentals of Programming using Java
- Java for C/C++ Programmers
- Advanced Java Programming
- Server-Side Java Programming
- Introduction to Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
- Architecting System with EJB
- Fundamentals of XML
- XML Programming using Java
DuVall Consulting Services, Inc.
Embedded Database Technology For all your development needs!
Programmers worldwide have used FairCom database technology for years to handle mission critical data in embedded apps, vertical apps, web, e-business, etc. Develop royalty free apps or scale to the FairCom Server by simply recompiling! FairCom's server is known as a "plug-n-play" Server. Install it, start it, and forget it! FairCom's tools are fast, portable and proven.
- Support for 25+ platforms
- Full Source
- Free development Servers and ODBC Drivers
800-234-8180 or 573-445-6833
Keystone Offers Over 1200 Self Paced Learning Courses
KeyStone Learning Systems is the industry leader for self-paced information technology training. KeyStone's certified trainers provide easy-to-use instruction for people who value content-rich, value-added education. With more than 1,200 titles available, KeyStone has what you are looking for.
ORDER NOW AND GET 20% OFF
Call 1-800-603-4983, mention code MDS2 and get 20% off all CD and video training. Learn Java, XML, SQL, C++, Cisco, MCSE, Visual Basic, and more. See our full line of training courses online at www.keystonelearning.com or call for a FREE catalog.
KeyStone Learning Systems
Toll Free 1-800-603-4983
Fifty Thousand Developers Can’t Be Wrong:
Java and XML Training Without The Empty Calories.
Why is New Technology Solutions different than every other training provider on this page?
- 50,000 developers trained since 1993.
- Real trainers who have spent a considerable amount of time in the field.
- We write all of our courseware, you will never see third party, pre-canned slide shows.
- Classes are never cancelled.
- Offices in Connecticut, Massachusetts and a National Training Center in Providence, RI.
To find out more, visit us at: http://www.NewTechUSA.com
New Technology Solutions Inc.
432 Washington Ave.
North Haven, CT 06473
V: 203.239.6874 F: 203.239.7997
Cross the Finish with Number Six—
Voted Number One in Rational Services
You want to win the race? Deliver your software faster—with better quality? Choose Number Six Software. We're the top pit crew on the e-development race circuit. That's according to customers in an online survey sponsored by Rational Software.
Number Six combines software engineering best practices with practical know-how. We don't just teach the latest OO and web technologies, tools and languages. We live and breathe this stuff—on the frontlines and on the sidelines. Our services include consulting, training, mentoring and development. We translate theory into solutions to real-world, e-development problems.
It's that kind of know-how that helps you maximize your software capabilities and cross the finish line first.
Call now or visit www.numbersix.com for our OO and web technology course list with upcoming open-enrollment dates. And ask us about our discounted rates.
Number Six Software, Inc.—Voted Rational's Best in Complementary Services
1655 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA 22209
v: 703.516-2880 / 888.292.NUM6
Extreme Programming (XP) Training and Mentoring
Object Mentor, Inc.
Better Software at Internet Speed. Everybody is talking about XP and with good reason. The practices of XP enable developers to rapidly develop software and adapt it to their customers' needs. Students rave about our XP Immersion Training, where you learn from the creators and practitioners of XP.
Our XP training and mentoring compliments our industry leading object-oriented design and programming services.
Visit objectmentor.com for more information and articles on advanced software development technologies.
Object Mentor, Inc.
V: 1.800.338.6716 f: 847-548-6853
System Architect 2001
Now there’s one modeling tool that takes you seamlessly through every phase of development—throughout your enterprise. System Architect 2001, from Popkin Software, addresses the entire modeling needs of your organization, allowing business and IT to work toward common goals and reach mutually beneficial solutions.
Extensive business process modeling, UML-based object modeling, data modeling and structured analysis and design, are combined in a single, easy-to-use product. System Architect 2001 also includes forward and reverse engineering for all major languages and databases.
To qualify for a FREE, fully functional, 30-day trial of System Architect 2001 or a FREE Enterprise Modeling white paper, visit www.popkin.com, or email us at email@example.com.
11 Park Place
New York, New York 10007
p: 800.732.5227 f: 212.571.3436
Consulting - Training - Mentoring - Placements
SYSNETICS delivers object oriented technology for software architecture, design and development of large-scale distributed systems. Services include consulting, training, mentoring, and permanent placements.
Object Oriented Technology
- Java, C++, Smalltalk
- OOAD In House Training
- EJB, WebLogic
- CORBA, DCOM, MQSeries
- CORBA In House Training
Object Oriented Methods & Tools
- UML, Use Cases, Booch, Rumbaugh
- Rational Rose, Paradigm Plus
SYSNETICS, Inc., 150 153rd Ave., Suite 300B, Madeira Beach, FL 33708
v: 800.270.6099 f: 727.398.6099
Source Code Documentation System
DocJet is the premier tool for building documentation for your project. It reads your source code, finds all the objects in your system and any comments associated with them and then builds documentation for you.
- It reads C, C++, VB, IDL and Java source code.
- It adapts to your commenting conventions-no need for weird markers cluttering up your code.
- It produces output in HTML, HTMLHelp, RTF (for MSWord) and Microsoft Help formats.
- With its companion product, AltHelp, you can access your HTML or HTMLHelp output from Developer Studio or VB just like documentation from Microsoft!
Visit www.talltree.com and download a free evaluation copy today!
Tall Tree Software Company
3104 King Street, Austin, TX 78707
v: 512.453.4909 f: 512.288.5055 sales: 877.756.2654
Advanced Technology Consulting and Training
Process and UML
- An Introduction to Object Technology
- Requirements and Object-Oriented Analysis
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with UML and Patterns
- Advanced Object Design with UML and Patterns
- The Unified Process
- Managing Advanced Technology Software Projects
- An Introduction to Java Technology and Architecture
- Java and Object Design for Non C Programmers
- Java and Object Design for C/C++ Programmers
- Building Web Applications with Java
- Advanced Java and Object Design
EJB and COBRA
- Designing an Internet Application with J2EE and EJB
- Essential CORBA Development with Java
- Essential C++ and Object Design
- Intensive C++ and Object Design
- Advanced C++ and Object Design
5080 Spectrum Dr., Suite 1010 West
Dallas, Texas 75001
V: 972.789.1200 1.800.249.0123 f: 972.789.1340
CC-RIDER: Visualize and Document
Your C/C++ Code
CC-RIDER, a powerful C/C++ Source Code Visualization Tool, graphically displays program structure in terms of class hierarchies, function calls, data usage, template instances, #include file nesting and much more. It generates RTF, HTML, WinHelp and Text documentation and exportable graphic charts. The Visual UML Interface reverse engineers C++ to UML models and diagrams.
CC-RIDER penetrates frameworks, embedded and UNIX code and gets new programmers up to speed quickly with its accurate, full-language code analysis for any compiler or editor.
PO Box C
Norwood, CO 81423
v: 970 327-4898 f:970 327-4479