Error Monitoring 101: How to Avoid Costly Bugs and Project Delays
It’s no wonder that companies are putting more emphasis on error monitoring and crash reporting. It’s a fact of life that bugs get released into production, and undetected crashes are a recipe for customer churn, missed SLAs, and reputation damage.
YOU’LL LEARN THESE KEY TAKEAWAYS ABOUT ERROR REPORTING AND CRASH MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS:
- Learn how to reduce your debugging time by 50%
- Identify the “must have” capabilities you need to monitor, understand, and resolve your errors
- Understand the differences in error monitoring during development, QA, beta, or post-release phases
- Cut your mean time to detection (MTTD) and mean time to repair (MTTR) from hours or days to minutes
- Calculate engineering resources for initial development and ongoing maintenance
- Compare the costs of “build” vs. “buy”
- Detect, analyze, and resolve errors across your entire application stack
No matter what stage of the journey you’re on – whether you’re creating your own system in-house or looking for a turnkey product – there will be valuable insights you can put to use right away in your own initiative.
Jason Davis – VP of Product at Backtrace
Jason has spent 18 years bringing new enterprise software solutions to market. Prior to Backtrace, he was Sr. Director of Product Management for EDB Postgres where he led the team responsible for new core database features and tooling. He has also held Product Management and Sales Engineering roles at Oracle. He has an MBA from NYU and a BA. in Computer Science from Brandeis University.
Sherwin John – Technical Account Manager at Backtrace
Sherwin works with software teams to improve developer velocity and slash debugging time. As a Technical Account Manager at Backtrace, Sherwin’s customers include IoT/embedded device manufacturers, gaming studios, and desktop application teams. Sherwin is also an Entrepreneur In Residence for Startup Bootcamp Fintech where he advises early stage founders.
Duration: 1 Hour