Why App Modernization Projects Fail
What Architects Want Executives to Know
2022 Research Report
Application modernization is a top priority for so many companies. And yet 79% of application modernization projects fail. Why?
To find out, we partnered with Wakefield Research to survey 250 technology professionals—leaders, architects, and developers at a director level or above—who have the responsibility of maintaining at least one monolithic app in a company of at least 5,000 employees.
This research explores what architects want executives to know about application modernization projects, where the two groups are aligned, and where they see things differently. It also covers the secrets of successful projects.
Download the full report to reveal key numbers and insights, such as:
- The % of respondents who are planning to or have already started their app modernization projects
- The % of architecture leaders who admit having a failed modernization project
- The cost and length of an average modernization project
- The key differences between executives and architects
- Insights on the biggest obstacles to modernization, including cost, risk, complexity, and organizational pushback