O'Reilly: Cassandra: The Definitive Guide
Authors Jeff Carpenter and Eben Hewitt demonstrate the advantages of Cassandra’s nonrelational design, with special attention to data modeling. Developers, DBAs, and application architects looking to solve a database scaling issue or future-proof an application will learn how to harness Cassandra’s speed and flexibility. This edition—updated for Cassandra 4.0, K8ssandra and more provides technical details and practical examples to help you put this database to work in a production environment.
- Understand Cassandra’s distributed and decentralized structure
- Use the Cassandra Query Language (CQL) and cqlsh—the CQL shell
- Create a working data model and compare it with an equivalent relational model
- Design and develop applications using client drivers
- Explore cluster topology and learn how nodes exchange data
- Maintain a high level of performance in your cluster
- Deploy Cassandra onsite, in the cloud, or with Docker and Kubernetes
- Integrate Cassandra with Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Solr, and Lucene
Imagine what you could do if scalability, durability with tunable consistently wasn’t a problem for distributed databases, on or off Kubernetes. Perform blazingly fast reads and writes, store terabytes petabytes of data, and achieve the levels of availability and performance demanded by carrier grade, globally replicated internet applications.
Often used as the database for customer facing applications, Apache Cassandra is commonly used for transaction processing in everything from web applications and web services or IoT / edge computing, e-commerce, inventory management, personalization, recommendation engines, edge computing, fraud detection and much, much more.
Download the ebook today to start your journey.